SA Skydiving delivers a JPA course, enabling pilots to attain their Jump Pilots Authorisation issued by the Australian Parachute Federation and work in the skydiving industry.
Delivered under Greg Smith, SA Skydiving's Senior Pilot and Chief Instructor, the course opens up the skydiving industry for up and coming pilots or those seeking a career change, or extra weekend work.
JPA Course entry requirements:
As per the APF Operational Regulation 5.1.2 pilots must hold:
- A valid Commercial Pilots Licence (CPL) or;
- A valid private pilot licence (PPL) and have 200 hours total aeronautical experience, of which at 100 hours must be as pilot in command; or
- (c) An APF Certificate Class D and a valid private pilot licence and have 120 hours total aeronautical experience of which 70 hours must be as pilot in command;
- And must have:
- 10 hours experience on the particular aircraft type or an aircraft type of similar performance, weight and operational complexity.
The course may lead to future employment opportunities with SA Skydiving or with our skydiving industry partners around Australia.
Course fee: $1950 inc GST
Ground based training is generally a one day affaire of 7 hours in the classroom accompanied by basic aircraft handling and check flight.
By completion of the course pilots can expect 3 hours of flying experiance.
We provide pilots the opportunity of hour building by either sitting in on jump operations or hiring aircraft
- sitting in - $50 a sortie
- plane hire - Cessna 206 @ $550/hr